NPS40 Exhaust Blower...Bricked Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j00fek

Feeling the Heat
Jun 9, 2008
Auburn, Maine
problems with my exhaust blower have come back, had it changed out nov 3. sounds like the bearings have gone again.

im thinking its the athens pellets...motor sounds as if debris has gotten into the shaft...

Really sorry to hear that. About how many bags of pellets did you burn between blower problems happening? Is it unburnt fines that you suspect, or some kind of non-combustible debris from the pellets? I'm at about 20 bags with my NPS40 and so far so good.

i just cleaned the stove, fully again. took out the blower and cleaned the fins and blew it out w/computer air in the can... made a slight noise on start up but ill have to watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.