Nu-tec wood insert. Need a new blower motor. with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scott crowley

Jan 2, 2013
Hello. I am new to the forum so HI. This looks like a very informative site so Thanks ahead of time. My problem is I have a Nu-tec wood burning fireplace insert that needs a new blower motor. I took it out and lubed it all up and re-installed and it was quiet for a day or so and now is back to being very loud. The monster as my son calls it. It is a two speed. please look at the pics and let me know if you have a direction to point me. I was thinking of buying a new style blower without the fan blades and fabbing it up to the installation plate that is in the back of the unit. Is that possible?

nutec_zps5821b93e.jpg

That looks to be a Buck 27000 or 28000, plenty of parts for it here: http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.co...htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=81&show=25&page=2
NICE! You are right. I looked up at the motor for it and its the same. Shafts on both sides. A bit pricey at $150 but still better than a new stove. Also I notice there is no exh. pipe on this stove at all. Should I be concerned. I know that its not up to today code but what was the reasoning for that code being added? Thanks a lot man. I can hear the quiet motor already!!!

We call them slammers, you push them into the fireplace and burn a fire. We recommend everyone to get a liner installed from insert to the crown. These older stoves are creosote monsters, I started with mine the same way as yours as a slammer and after 2 chimney fires I finally wised up and installed a liner then after getting tired of burning 4 cords a year I started buying newer stoves that put my usage down to 2 cords a year. The liner improves draft and is easier to clean, CO poisoning is not something to play around with and when burning as a slammer your chances for a down draft are higher.

You would have to install 8" pipe for that stove, the same site sells the adapter for going to 8" pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.