nubie here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
It's great to read all of the advice on stoves . I want to by a free standing wood stove for my cabin in Prescott. I have a propane gas furnace and a very noisy pellet stove . The pellet stove is convenient but extremely noisy. The pellets aren't cheap either. The power goes out often during storms , thus would like a wood stove . And yes it gets cold at 6000 ft . The average low in the winter is 15 , zero on occasion but it will warm to the mid 40's maybe fifty . It's common to have 35 degree temp. differential between highs and lows because it's very dry, usually . We had 18 inches of snow the Wednesday before New years and a low of minus 3 an Saturday . The pellet stove is in a corner and I have a good spot for the stove centrally located in the house but not in the way. I have a chance to get a Country s160 used wood stove with stove pipe for $300 . Used only one year. Any thoughts .

Greetings. The little striker is a nice stove, good for a cabin. Sounds like a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.