Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) NY, Columbia/Rensselaer County

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another find from last winter..the HD in Pittsfield carried FIreside Ultra's at one point during the season (I want to say later February). I'm not sure if they carried them most of the winter, but I hadn't seen them near me before then. I bought 15 bags to try out..they were good, but to be honest, for me the Ambiance burned just as good with a little less ash.

looks like a trend has started from rumored shortages. These guys sell a lot of pellets annually they never ran out last year but did ration.

Attachments

• 9.19.2014-picture-pricing.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 439
  • aug pricing.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 350
Curtis Lumber in Schodack carried Currans throughout the shortage last year as well. I don't know if they were the hardwoods or mixed but they seemed to have a good supply of them throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of Currans, so I had passed, but in a pinch, I probably would have grabbed those instead of NEWP.

Curtis Lumber in Schodack carried Currans throughout the shortage last year as well. I don't know if they were the hardwoods or mixed but they seemed to have a good supply of them throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of Currans, so I had passed, but in a pinch, I probably would have grabbed those instead of NEWP.
i burned the softies 2 seasons ago, very ashy, didnt see any diff in heat, i thought the chows last year had more heat.

Snows in Stephentown has Warm Fronts (rebagged NEWP), at 279, he has a shipment of "blend" coming in on 10/6 he said the price will be around 230.00. and if you are looking for mums, he has huge plants 3 for 12.00!

Hearth & Home in Rosendale, NY has:
NEWP for $275
Energex $275 arriving this week
LG softwoods $290 arriving next week

The new tractor Supply In Kingston (lake katrine)
Pure Fire Premium $239
Easy Heat $239

Countryside in Red Hook:
Allegany for $260

Fireside warmth in Kingston
LG softwood $355

Home Depot Kingston:
Green Supreme $239

What's the best buy here? I'm thinking the LG's for $290

Hearth & Home in Rosendale, NY has:
NEWP for $275
Energex $275 arriving this week
LG softwoods $290 arriving next week

The new tractor Supply In Kingston (lake katrine)
Pure Fire Premium $239
Easy Heat $239

Countryside in Red Hook:
Allegany for $260

Fireside warmth in Kingston
LG softwood $355

Home Depot Kingston:
Green Supreme $239

What's the best buy here? I'm thinking the LG's for $290

Check the kingston lowes. They have several brands that you haven't listed.

Lowes Kingston these are all about what I counted yesterday.

Timber heat over 40 tons
presto log 5 tons
cheat river 10 tons
clean energy 2

this is a moving target as they are selling fast.

Lowes in Hudson now has Prestos..not sure how many on hand, I only saw about half a pallet, but there may be more out in their garden dept. Also had North American. TSC in Hudson had their own premium brand, which may have been MWP, but also Ozark Hardwood. I may try a few bags of those if I can find info on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.