Nyloc nut failure on burn pot pivot bolt CB1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCOOPER

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2010
Stowe, Pa
Had the nyloc nut come loose on the burn pot pivot bolt causing a dirty burn that dirtied up the stove pretty good.The nut does not lock at all any more. Its an m6 metric nut. Replaced it with another nyloc nut but looking for a better idea. Any suggestions?

A Nyloc that's close to the burn pot? Is that from the factory? Hmmmmmmmm

There are nuts out there that are made to lock against the bolt. Don't know what you call them. But the have dimples that bind the thread as it tightens on the bolt. Nylon will only melt with the heat!

CRS is a real PITA at times!Can't remember

Reactions: heat seeker
Double-nut it, use a longer bolt if you have to.

Used a shoulder bolt in mine with loc-title.

Had mine come loose way to many times :(

I knew because the damn thing pulled WAY to easy....

It should come with a shoulder bolt instead of a full threaded bolt. IMO

It has many names. All metal locknut, mechanical locknut, aircraft locknut. Anything but nylon. Those will just melt. Should be less than .50 at your local hardware store. Buy a couple, as you really shouldn't reuse them or the bolt. Most people would argue that, including me, but on paper....

Status
Not open for further replies.