O K what is it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
This is all free and about 4 miles down the road, I will start gathering tomorrow but do not recognize any of it in this pile.
anyone know any of these.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 403
I agree with the poplar sightings.

It all looks like Ash to me. These are the branches of a large tree or trunks of smaller trees. The bark isn't fully mature so it doesn't look like a large Ash would look.

It all looks like Ash to me. These are the branches of a large tree or trunks of smaller trees. The bark isn't fully mature so it doesn't look like a large Ash would look.
Hard for me to tell in that stack I thought some looked like ash, am going to start cutting tommorow

I see poplar and (1) oak heavy. If that was close to me and free, I would def take advantage of it.

Ash, maple, maybe an oak. All looks good and even better free. Get on it.

The first pic is Tulip tree, it has the olive colored heartwood, sometimes when its split it will have purplish streaks in it too. Purplish...brownish...olivey.
The second pic has an oak round facing us. I would say pin but maybe Red, or southern red.
The last pic is obviously a mix but you may have Ash in there, or Norway maple.
That is a bonanza...
Look for the oak...look for light colored spoke rays radiating out from the center of the round ends.

Magnify the pictures and you'll see the yellowish-purple hues on the cutsides in the first picture like Poplar has.

I see Waldo . . . oh wait a minute, I guess this isn't that sort of picture thing, huh? ;)

Looks like a good hardwood score. Definitely some ash and red oak in the second picture.

I thought I saw some FIREWOOD in there? Any one else see it?

Reactions: Jeffm1
Yep firewood - free btus

Reactions: Jeffm1
IMG_0318.JPG Well I left all the kindling, The operator just laid red oaks by my splitter.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.