OAK - Finally...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Ok, Been burning a Harmon for 5 years now, 3 on the P43 & the last 2 on the P61A & finally got around to the OAK. I sat at the kitchen table last winter, which was in a different location from previous years due to new windows, with a freekin arctic blast running past me all winter. I knew what the answer was but didn't wanna go for pricy the Harman aluminum tubing, so I grabbed some 3" ID aluminum flex from Grainger. Found an excess piece of 2" ID PVC & bored a hole thru the siding, sheathing & sheetrock. Added a down-turned elbow on the outside & a coupling on the inside. Siliconed the outside liberally & then hooked up the flex. Should be good to go, & my seat at the table will be noticeably warmer....

Didn't stop there...figured WTF, I'm in it, mizewell go completely thru the damn thing & get er ready...All done except for the vent. It's raining, thundering & lightning like Armageddon, so I guess I'll wait a bit before running the brush in from the outside...

Status
Not open for further replies.