1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OAK For A Corner Installation

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by www_godzilla, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. www_godzilla

www_godzilla Member

Loc:
    Portland,Maine
    I will be doing a corner installation in a few weeks. I want to install an OAK(outside air kit). Someone told me that if I want to do this and have my Santa Fe 2 inches from the corner edges,then I wouldn't be able to install an OAK. Anyone know the facts on this? is there a minimum length the pipe has to be. I know the pipe of these are usually a 6 inch pipe. Thanks everyone and have a good day !!!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Do you have the stove yet? If so, the owners manual will show different configurations, and should show the OAK install too.

If not, can you go to the company website and download the manual for your stove? That would give you a head start on the planning of the install.

6" ? Are you referring to the exhaust of the stove, or the OAK? All the pellet stoves I know of have 3" or 4" exhaust, and 1 3/4 -2" OAK.
  3. sydney1963

sydney1963 New Member

Loc:
    Windham Maine
    Hi Godzilla,

Here are some pics that might help. The measurements from wall to corners of my stove are 6 inches. Vent pipe to wall is 5 inches.

Attached Files:

4. www_godzilla

www_godzilla Member

Loc:
    Portland,Maine
    Thanks Sydney. That was VERY helpful. I'm trying to envision how to do this. I don't want to make the hearth too big and I don't want to make it too small. I don't know anyone who has a corner installation. You are the first. I'm trying to get a visual. If you didn't have the OAK on there,you would have been 2 inches from the edges. Now with the OAK on there,how far towards the middle of the room did it get pushed back ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.