OAK For A Corner Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
I will be doing a corner installation in a few weeks. I want to install an OAK(outside air kit). Someone told me that if I want to do this and have my Santa Fe 2 inches from the corner edges,then I wouldn't be able to install an OAK. Anyone know the facts on this? is there a minimum length the pipe has to be. I know the pipe of these are usually a 6 inch pipe. Thanks everyone and have a good day !!!!!

Do you have the stove yet? If so, the owners manual will show different configurations, and should show the OAK install too.

If not, can you go to the company website and download the manual for your stove? That would give you a head start on the planning of the install.

6" ? Are you referring to the exhaust of the stove, or the OAK? All the pellet stoves I know of have 3" or 4" exhaust, and 1 3/4 -2" OAK.

Hi Godzilla,

Here are some pics that might help. The measurements from wall to corners of my stove are 6 inches. Vent pipe to wall is 5 inches.

Attachments

• PIC_0017.JPG
    PIC_0017.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 239
  • PIC_0013.JPG
    PIC_0013.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 230
  • PIC_0014.JPG
    PIC_0014.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 252
Thanks Sydney. That was VERY helpful. I'm trying to envision how to do this. I don't want to make the hearth too big and I don't want to make it too small. I don't know anyone who has a corner installation. You are the first. I'm trying to get a visual. If you didn't have the OAK on there,you would have been 2 inches from the edges. Now with the OAK on there,how far towards the middle of the room did it get pushed back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.