OAK for pellet stove insert ... use ash cleanout?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winslow2010

Dec 19, 2010
West Virginia
I have a fireplace insert. Has anyone used the ash clean-out and the clean-out door for an OAK?

that is what we do . works great. seal ash clean out door with silicone after you are done

My ash clean out just goes down to the basement and would still be pulling house air. I am planning on running the power cord down the the clean out and plugging it in down there next season.

It's time to get this project done before the winter hits.

The manual for my Lennox Winslow PI40 says:

"The fireplace insert’s air intake will accept 2†ID pipe to accommodate outside air installations."

1) Do I use stainless steel flex pipe for the intake? I need some flex since I need to pull out the unit to access the clean-out box.

2) What do I use in place of the metal clean-out door?

Did you ever get this built? I would love to see some pics. Did you make a shroud to go to the actual intake ports by the ignightor, or just left the pipe hanging there?

Status
Not open for further replies.