OAK help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdinny

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2014
Cuddebackville, NY
Hey guy, and girls,
We installed our P43 New Years day.
My intent was to go with the Excel wall thimble with oak, but no one had it in stock so I used the insulated excel thimble.
My question to you all is, I want to install an OAK, but I want a nice kit, weather it be pieces from different​
sources or a kit.
We're anal on the way things look inside the house, and out.
What is a nice looking kit we can get to do the install on our P43?
Thanks all and have a great toasty warm evening, I know we are :)

The Harman thimble is nice nice looking on the outside, particularly the intake area. The inside, if visible, may not suit all tastes. Its kinda angular, like it was designed by Skunkworks. Probably has a very low radar signature.

Also, it's fairly pricey.

yes, we did see that, as well as the excel thimble.
I was hoping to find a stand alone kit so as not to have to change the thimble.
The kits I've seen don't have an inside wall plate included

The kits I've seen don't have an inside wall plate included

I had purchased the Harman OAK kit, not the vent+OAK thimble, but it wasn't really a kit at all. The box that I purchased was the piece that you see outside on the wall. No duct or inside plate came with it. I made my own kit from dryer vent materials, but still need to find a suitable plate for inside. I am going to check and see if a 220v type electrical box cover will work, but I have my doubts.

This is similar to the kit I got - no inside plate :( I've been looking for something to finish it off but no luck so far...

The Harman intake looks good in the pics, how does it look in real time, got a pic?
I was looking at one from Luxury Metals but still leave you with no inside wall cover plate.
http://www.luxurymetals.com/WallVents.html#anchor_335
Or possibly adapting the kit from Englander that does come with wall plate, but is 3" tubing.
Stainless_wall_ventcap.3.jpg

Last edited:
My dryer vent OAK looks almost identical to the picture you just posted.

What size tubing does the P43 call for?

Status
Not open for further replies.