1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

OAK install questions

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by moey, Jan 10, 2013.

1. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I am thinking of installing this OAK adapter this weekend, I have it already its supposed to be warm this weekend as well. I have a exhaust flange that will fit over the hole in my classic bay 1200.

http://www.amazon.com/PelletVent-Pro-Fresh-Intake-Flex/dp/B003UKXBXK

I plan to go straight out and to the side a bit to miss my exhaust thimble.

How do these kits get mounted on the inside drywall anchors?

Should it be insulated? If not is condensation in the wall cavity a possibility?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    bump.. This is a easy one :)
  3. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    It is tough to tell by the pic how it mounts. Insulation cant hurt as you are sucking cold air in. Just make sure it is not too close to the exhaust vent pipe. I would think it would mount the same way your exhaust thimble would work. You may have to wait and see when you get it to get a better idea. I'm sure you know this, but for those that don't make sure the OAK is located at least the minimum distance as outlined in your manual away from the exhaust vent cap.
  4. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Its got holes in each corner for mounting. Two corners could go into a stud but what about the other two? Drywall anchors. I didnt see what they did my exhaust thimble I assume there is sometype of drywall anchor.
  5. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    I'm sure there is not much weight to it so drywall anchors should work fine.
    moey likes this.