OAK install (warning, potentially dumb question)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maxweenus

Dec 13, 2023
Connecticut
Hey folks, lurking for a while - then decided to purchase an absolute43 and install.
Running into some issues which seem to be air flow related (please correct me if wrong, ill list details below), but main point of post is to eliminate something that is bugging me on the airkit install (akin to "did I leave the kitchen oven on?)!

Airkit instal pic attached, the dumb question is the sryro filter material should remain, or be removed? I naturally assumed remain.

My issues -
Lots of black buildup inside glass.
Stove doesn't seem to be heating the room its in as well as it should.
Have tried multiple types or premium pellets.
Auger feed seems to run every 10/15 seconds even on low feed - maybe this is normal.
Pellets don't seem to be burning to ash.
My flame seems to be ok.

Rookie research says fire isn't getting hot enough and airflow could be issue. Need to rule this out, and open new next steps!

PXL_20231208_001305478.MP.jpg

Glad you fixed it….johneh knows his stuff!