OAK Placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond1973

Nov 18, 2008
Weare, NH
Installed my new 55-TRPAH Christmas Eve in a mad dash to get heat to a newly finished basement room in my split level, or I guess raised ranch, home. Family was coming for the holiday and the plan was for them to stay down there. Anyway...I haven't gotten around to installing the OAK yet and am wondering...if my duravent pipe comes through the all and extends 1 - 1.5 feet out...is it safe to put the OAK a few inches under that...which will not extend out at all. Not sure how much I have to worry about exhaust gases back into the if they are that close... with the exhaust dissipating into outside air.

Thanks
Rick

Reactions: jjk454ss
Status
Not open for further replies.