Oak seasoning time.... is it worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd said:
You don't need no stinkin moisture meter. Put some liquid soap on one end of the split and lock your lips around the other end and blow, if it's seasoned you should blow bubbles on the soap end. Not kidding it works and is recommended by Morso.

Oh and yes, Oak is worth the wait.
If my wife saw me kissing the wood like that, there would be hell to pay!

Reactions: gzax
Todd said:
You don't need no stinkin moisture meter. Put some liquid soap on one end of the split and lock your lips around the other end and blow, if it's seasoned you should blow bubbles on the soap end. Not kidding it works and is recommended by Morso.

Oh and yes, Oak is worth the wait.

LMAO yet another compelling reason to not buy a Morso...

Ray

Reactions: gzax
yes it is worth it

bucked up last year - splitting and stacking today for hopefully next year

IMAG0008-1.jpg

hello Ray :)

Stevebass4 said:
yes it is worth it

bucked up last year - splitting and stacking today for hopefully next year

IMAG0008-1.jpg

hello Ray :)

Hey Steve long time no see! How ya been? Sold my old CDW stove and they took it away today.. I got $350.00 for it so I think I did OK.. Drop in sometime stranger!

Ray

sounds like you did pretty good!! - everything is going well. figure i need Heath.com to keep me motivated to do the wood so i'll be around for a while ;-)

still love your wood shed.. ;) someday i'll make one

Stevebass4 said:
sounds like you did pretty good!! - everything is going well. figure i need Heath.com to keep me motivated to do the wood so i'll be around for a while ;-)

still love your wood shed.. ;) someday i'll make one

It could be better but I love it anyway.. Got tired of the wind undoing everything so it's worth the trip!!!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.