OAK thimbles/kit and or piecemeal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
Sorry to beat a dead horse....but googling and going thru the archives is a lot of reading and not getting the specifics.
I was looking to try an OAK this heating season and I have no problem getting the metal hose....but what about a nice looking
thru wall thimble/plate. I do not mind getting a pre made set for the XXV but would like options. So if you have a suggestion I would love to hear it with part number and price if possible. I have looked at the local Ace and Lowe's stores and have not found a great wall plate. Thanks.

Jim

That is definitely worth the price! Thanks.....never ordered anything from Ebay. Is there anything to watch out for? Is this seller legit? Thanks!

Jim

Jim H. said:
That is definitely worth the price! Thanks.....never ordered anything from Ebay. Is there anything to watch out for? Is this seller legit? Thanks!

Jim

Jim, I revised the post....PM sent.

This one does not seem to have the inside plate? Also the hose is 2' shorter.....do you still happen to have the original link? Thanks a bunch! Sent you a pm back also.....

Jim

OK, here is an install I did last Friday.

Exterior%2520up%2520and%2520over%2520view%2520w%2520OAK%2520thimble.jpg

exterior%2520thimble.JPG

interior%2520thimble.JPG

Used%2520accentra%2520corner%2520install.jpg

Jim H. said:
Sorry to beat a dead horse....but googling and going thru the archives is a lot of reading and not getting the specifics.
I was looking to try an OAK this heating season and I have no problem getting the metal hose....but what about a nice looking
thru wall thimble/plate. I do not mind getting a pre made set for the XXV but would like options. So if you have a suggestion I would love to hear it with part number and price if possible. I have looked at the local Ace and Lowe's stores and have not found a great wall plate. Thanks.

Jim

Harman does sell the wall thimble with OAK in the thimble. Little more pricey but, you can narrow the window and door clearance with it and it also adj to anyharman on the market.
As seen in the above photo.

msmith66 said:
Jim H. said:

Jim

Harman does sell the wall thimble with OAK in the thimble. Little more pricey but, you can narrow the window and door clearance with it and it also adj to anyharman on the market.
As seen in the above photo.

Yes, the distance goes from 4 feet to 18 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.