oak vs inside air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronnoel

Dec 12, 2010
southernct
my stove is a harmen p68 installed with a oak about two years after in a major rain storm I noticed sparks and small flames jetting out of my outside pipe.I called my dealer to see if they knew why this was happening, footnote I clean my stove about every 35-45 bags, they were no help but did say that maybe my oak was sucking in moist air and making creosol ,so I disconnected my oak. Since then no problems,except my gas kitchen range has a orange flame instead of blue,I think because of my pellet stove sucking my homes inside air. What to do? re-instal my oak or not? when this happened I was burning pelletsale.com soft pellets this year I'm using energex.

Hopefully a moderater will move this to the pellet forum. If not, repost it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.