oak with a clydesdale?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2010
Bowling Green, Ohio
our ranch is drafty, and I've been reading about the OAK's and I have been looking at the Condar units. I'm hoping someone here can make my head stop spinning.
If you have an OAK installed do you not then have constant air coming in? My confusion is that I had a blockoff plate installed because of a downdraft somewhere (room was freezing when fire off) so why in the world would I purposely put an OAK to make room cold? ..or do they make units that open and close automatically or what's the deal? My reasons for considering is mainly that I believe the insert may be pulling cold air from return (at end of house) and cold air through bedrooms that are drafty. We didn't seem to notice the drafts before the insert, but is this just a normal convection loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.