OAK with CB 1200 and Rear to Top Vent Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ww&hk

Hearth Supporter
Jun 16, 2009
Central CT
Hello to all my Hearth friends. I've been enjoying the site for almost a year now and I have a question.

I recently had a Quad CB 1200 installed with the rear to top vent adapter. After reading the many posts regarding the benefits of an OAK I decided to order one from the dealer. They never suggested or offered the kit when I made the purchase. I am confident I can handle the install myself.

The cleanout door on the rear to top adapter obviously will not open with the OAK duct attached. I am wondering if anyone else has this set up and how their installation worked out.

Thanks in advance to all for everything I have learned from these forums!

Warm Regards

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. The dealer has taken a hands off approach to my questions about the OAK. My first floor is about 1900 sq ft with a Regency I3100 in the fireplace north west corner of house and CB1200 at south east corner of house in bonus room over garage. I figured with both burning the OAK wouldnt be a bad idea to replace SOME combustion air within the house. Home built in 1996 2X6 wood frame with double pane glass windows and medium grade vinyl siding. Just hoping to burn less oil next season.

Warm Regards

its been so long since i handled anything other than thier parts i'm not too familiar with every model, can you post pics??
many dealers dont handle service too well unfortunately, spell your question out as carefully as possible, include the serial number!!,the part description and the part number of what you recently purchased and where you purchased the unit if possible, and i will forward it to Quad Tech for you, they reply Very Quikly to dealer inquiries!!
pm me if you prefer, or contact me thru my website

Status
Not open for further replies.