OAK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgopetactical

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2012
York County, Pa
I'm new to the pellet stove world, and this might be the most stupid question of the season, what does OAK mean?

"Outside Air Kit", brings combustion air to the stove from outside the house

Outside Air Kit. Brings in air from the outside of your house to use as combustion air rather that the air inside your house.
If you type in the search box at the top right of this forum most if not all of the answer's to your questions will be there;)

Ok, Now I understand, arnt they standard with most stoves? Mine came with the kit. I thought I was missing something, didn't understand the abbreviation. Thanks

Outside Air Kit. Brings in air from the outside of your house to use as combustion air rather that the air inside your house.
If you type in the search box at the top right of this forum most if not all of the answer's to your questions will be there;)

Thank you, I did that search and there was a million posts but none that explained it, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.