Oak...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what? If that "table" is 18 inches high, it looks to be only about 6 inches across. Of course, you do get two.

I looked, but didn't see April 1 anywhere in the ad. _g

They're kidding;lol .... aren't they. I starting in the morning to rip down my barn, I'm gonna be rich beyond my wildest dreams;ex

Im afraid they are not Ralphie Boy. I actually went to the store earlier today and saw them on "sale" for $359. Welcome to NY baby. LOL>

Yep, I know 'bout N.Y. prices. Was just up there (Columbia County) over Christmas. Man, I can't believe the properity taxes you folks have to pay. If we were to move close to my wife's family we'd have to rent cause we would not be able to afford the taxes.

yes sir. And Columbia county taxes are very reasonable compared to Westchester county or NYC.
I can get about 2 cords of oak firewood with the price of one of those "tables" or stands. lol.

Something like my dear old departed Grandpa would say comes to mind. His often used statement about a fool and his money becoming separated.

Reactions: basod and Thistle
Hmmmm....Over $350 for a chunk of old Oak barn beam?:rolleyes: I still have almost 25 linear feet of 130+ yr old native Black Walnut 4 x 6,5 x 5 & 8 x 8 barn beams bought in the late '80's.....Since normally Walnut is worth more than Red/White Oak or even Black Cherry - I'll let them have the entire lot for an even grand.They'll have to pay shipping however ;)

Reactions: ScotO
I think that will burn just fine.

Wow, I burned tens of thousands of dollars over the years if that's the case. The 1860's barn I tore down 5 years ago had TONS of beams that weren't worth salvaging, but had decent sections in them. So, I hacked the good stuff off and saved it for the stove.....

I'm ashamed of myself.....:(

In all seriousness, that is ridiculous. But I'm sure they've made lots of money off of them......

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
@ Scotty,
The sales person was nice enough to do a look up for me and cease my curiosity and she tells me that since the product was introduced in 2008 they have sold over 1000 units in NY, NJ, CT PA. I told her that I am a wood burner and have lots of those at home. She just chuckled and in confidence she told me that she quietly laughs every time someone purchases one of those.

It's not even cut level.
How can you set a beer on it?

Someone who sold appliances once told me . . . "The say there's a sucker born every minute . . . I just care about the suckers with money."

I think I might have found a way to become a millionaire!

"Felted feet protect floors". Its the felt that makes 'em so expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.