OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philbrick

Mar 20, 2011
chicopee ma
After reading lots of post on OAK im going to put one in. My house is not new,it's around 60 yrs old. When the stove is running it's not a draft i feel it more like a a cold cloud moving in the room (only way i can explain it). So im guessing it's pulling cold air thru the cracks etc in the house. So will try the Oak. Can somebody recomened one it dosen't have to be online actually i would just like a store i couod go to and just buy it

England's Stove Works( Maker of England and Summer's Heat Pellet Stoves) makes a good OAK kit for $ 60.58 plus shipping. It's well designed and rugged and comes complete and is easy to install. It's fits all England models along with most other brands of pellet stoves.
Link is here:
http://www.englanderstoves.com/store/25-PDVC_Parts.html
Hope this helps!

You really shoud post the make and modle of the stove you have when asking a question like this.
Some stoves require different considerations and some don't.
I've hooked up quality OAKs that were inexpensive and made to last for years. For some it's more cost effective to bite the bullet and buy the recomended kit.

If your lucky, you can pick up a couple of feet of meddle high temp heater intake flex from your local auto parts store. Some 4" aliminuim dryer flex and some high temp alum. duct tape and build your own.

superchips said:
You really shoud post the make and modle of the stove you have when asking a question like this.
Some stoves require different considerations and some don't.
I've hooked up quality OAKs that were inexpensive and made to last for years. For some it's more cost effective to bite the bullet and buy the recomended kit.

If your lucky, you can pick up a couple of feet of meddle high temp heater intake flex from your local auto parts store. Some 4" aliminuim dryer flex and some high temp alum. duct tape and build your own.

His stove is listed in his signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.