Oakies at Home and Hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
jtakeman's test has really got me to thinking. I stopped by Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls and asked about the Oakies. $295 a ton... ($5.95 a bag) Ouch. They have Rocky Mountains too at the same price. Picked up a bag of each and will see how they burn. I may spring for the extra $40 if they do...Unless BJ's in Haverhill Mass still has them...

Chandler

CWR said:
jtakeman's test has really got me to thinking. I stopped by Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls and asked about the Oakies. $295 a ton... ($5.95 a bag) Ouch. They have Rocky Mountains too at the same price. Picked up a bag of each and will see how they burn. I may spring for the extra $40 if they do...Unless BJ's in Haverhill Mass still has them...

Chandler

Chandler, how is that Baby Countryside working for you? Any problems with it at all?

Hi Franks! So far, (knock wood) it's been perfect. As I said before, I bought it because it was the only stove available at the time. I did some quick checking on line before I pulled the trigger and didn't see too much bad stuff on it. I saw it was a simple stove and based on the KISS theory, I bought the AC model with manual ignition. It's not much to look at but it does heat the house very, very well. I actually would recommend it. I joined the AES forum and saw that they had problems with it in years past but it seems that they have most of the bugs worked out of it. It was almost 1/2 the price of the Harmon P38 I had my heart set on. Some day in the future I may upgrade but for now I have no reason to.

Chandler

CWR said:

Chandler

I was there in May and I think they were both $285 a ton. Seems as if they keep the Rocky Mountain and Okanagan prices the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.