Oakwood owners: Chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
The Harman Oakwood is at the top of my list whenever we have the $$ to purchase a stove. In a recent thread some one referenced that the suggested minimum height of a chimney for the Oakwood as being 16'. I checked the owner's manual and that measurement is correct. I am a little concerned about this as we have a ranch home with a low roof height. I am thinking if we went 16' up from the Oakwood's flue we would have a chimney sticking out of our roof probably 4-5 foot which might look really odd.

So, my question to Oakwood owners: How tall is your chimney measured from your flue and is your draft decent at the height you have?

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.