Observation...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2009
Southeastern, MA
Noticed that some of the regular "smart" contributors to this forum have stop posting to this forum and have migrated to another forum...anyone know why?

I would have to think pellet stove chat is somewhat out of season . Give it another month or more when the nights get colder and things will pick up .
You will probably see those pellet stove knowledgeables return.

I'm not sure they have migrated - many of them are members of several forums, and have been for quite a while.

I've only been on here for 5 years or so (Harman owner 19 years) but with pellet stove popularity increasing exponentially like it has there are many more "smart" contributors and many who think they are "smart". Too many cooks spoil the broth so I've stepped back from offering Harman advice as often as I would like. I hate it when bad advice is given but it happens. It's not productive to disagree with someone who is giving that advice. The Mods don't like it and it takes away from all the "good" that is offered here.

Summer Break , after a long one last winter here in Northern NY , Hopefully this year won't be as long ,but getting prepared , as the gardens are all in and canned , Now it's waiting on the first frost ,probably in a couple of weeks ...

Yeah, 90+::F for the 9th time this summer & heating with pellets is not foremost on MY mind, anyway.
I DID place an order for my stash, but I don't plan on seeing it til the middle of next month at the earliest.
As far as correcting bad advice, go for it HL007. In this forum, bad advice can lead to injury or WORSE.
None of the Mods will ever cite you for correcting someone, as long as it's done with civility & respect.

Reactions: heat seeker
Yeah, 90+::F for the 9th time this summer & heating with pellets is not foremost on MY mind, anyway.
I DID place an order for my stash, but I don't plan on seeing it til the middle of next month at the earliest.
As far as correcting bad advice, go for it HL007. In this forum, bad advice can lead to injury or WORSE.
None of the Mods will ever cite you for correcting someone, as long as it's done with civility & respect.
The Mods have never had to say anything to me, DAKSY, so I'm good there==c I think that's my concern...bad, or should I say, incorrect advice which is well intended, can cause BIG problems. Then when a thread turns into a disagreement over the correct repair strategy, .....that becomes counterproductive.

The Mods have never had to say anything to me, DAKSY, so I'm good there==c I think that's my concern...bad, or should I say, incorrect advice which is well intended, can cause BIG problems. Then when a thread turns into a disagreement over the correct repair strategy, .....that becomes counterproductive.

Understood...

Status
Not open for further replies.