Observations on the new Harman 52i Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go... My super conductive pellet stove yet to be designed will have a copper heat exchanger
Maybe you can integrate it into a solar array as a conductor.
Chit...throw a battery in there too.

Reactions: Lousyweather
My issue with the hopper lid is that pellet get behind the lid very easily and then the lid won't close right but you cannot remove the pellets from under it either.
I actually thought this was far worse on the older, older accentra insert, before the hopper lid latch upgrade. the current one I just push the stragglers all the way back and when I close the lid they are behind the lid, rather than under the seal. the older one with the ball spring latch had a strange metal flap that help the stragglers hide from you.

I still have not put my hands on one.

Eric

The heat exchanger plates on my new 52i are magnetic. Rules out aluminum, also my unit got very quiet after the third bag of pellets. Before that it did make some "extra" noises-thought I was going to have to do some investigating!

Status
Not open for further replies.