Oct 27th was the day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2014
Southern NJ
I finally got my new insert. And am loving every second of it. I love walking by the thermostat and not touching it.

Pics to follow

Reactions: Huntindog1
photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

I know its a small insert but its the largest one that would fit in my fireplace. And for the price of 962.00 with shipping i can't be more happy.

Congrats! That will keep you toasty all winter. :) Did you put a hearth extender in front of the insert? Your current one falls short and the carpet certainly will need some protection from the inevitable embers falling out.

And none too soon . . .

As Eddard Stark would say . . . Winter is coming.

now when the furnace kicks on, you'll be like "WTF is that ???"....then start running around and checking which thermostat is calling for heat, then realize, it's heating the H/W.....at least that's what happens here....thinking of getting an On Demand System to save on Oil

I can't stop walking by the thermostat with a smile. Went to bed it said 70 and woke up with it at 65. Still had some hot coals after 8 hours. The cw2500 is good for about 4 hours. But it certainly maintains it's heat. Went to bed at 450 and woke up with it at 150. Left the insert fan on and provided some good heat.

Congrats, insert looks great and you will for sure enjoy burning it.
now when the furnace kicks on, you'll be like "WTF is that ???"....then start running around and checking which thermostat is calling for heat, then realize, it's heating the H/W.....at least that's what happens here....thinking of getting an On Demand System to save on Oil
Get yourself a GE Geospring and you can turn the furnace off at the breaker and send the oil man packing for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.