Oct Consumer Reports rates different pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

control1

Aug 24, 2008
bucks co pa
No1 harmon p68
no2 Napoleon nps40
No 3 Enviro Empress
No 4 Quad Castille
No 5 Summers Heat 55-shp10l
They said do not buy Lopi Leyden as it shut down repeatedly after pellets jamed the auger.Shorter pellets did'nt jam ,but size isn't marked on bags.

What say you all you are the consumers using the products

The report is pretty off base. They claim that pellet stoves will take 7-8 years to pay for them selves. I've got customers that have cut fuel bills by over 1000 gals, elec bills from 7-800(per month)down to 125, etc etc. The only way most apps would take 7-8 years is if you didn't use the stove

woodsman23 said:
#5 summers heat, thats a laugh. My st croix will out perform this stove any day with ease.

They only tested those 6 stoves and rated them 1-5 with the Lopi getting a rating of don't buy. It's quite possible if they tested ALL pellet stoves the St. Croix would be up there; they just took a sampling of some of the available best sellers.

See my post from August 29th: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/40740/

Status
Not open for further replies.