Odd Problem with a Breckwell Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
Its a Breckwell P-23, freestanding. The startup procedure is to turn it on, put the feed rate on "D" (roughly the middle of the range of feed rates) manual feed some pellets into the burnpot (with the manual feed switch), and press the auger button. The automatic feed starts, the ignitor starts, and eventually combustion starts.

This started happening a couple of weeks ago: Shortly after the fire starts, the auger stops delivering pellets to the burnpot. I have caught this and have had to manually feed pellets to the burnpot to keep the fire going by using the manual feed switch. I've also tried switiching to a different feed rate setting, and re-pressing the auger button. A combination of these things, and after about 5 minutes, the auger will run on its own. No problems after that.. it will run for days.

So, my question is: I know some part is going to stop working soon. What do you think I need to replace? Circuit board? Auger motor? Selector switch? Maybe the auger motor just needs a good cleaning, but I had everything apart over the summer for its annual cleanout. I've gone through about a ton of pellets since that. I haven't called Breckwell yet..figured I'd get some ideas here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.