Of all days to take the car to work!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
On my way to work this morning I spotted a nice pile of oak(I believe) on the side of the road. I noticed the tree was marked a while back so I knew it would be taken down at some point. The trunk was still full length and the other pieces were stacked on top, I'm hoping something will be left after work so I can hook up the truck and trailer for a load.

I never even paid attention to this stuff before I put in a stove and started hanging out on this site! I thought to myself "I can just tell work I'm going to be late and go get the truck and trailer for a load". :)

Yeah....I'm in the same situation now. I have a distinct awareness of dead standing trees and the sound of saws running. Its funny, its like a dinner bell going off (the saws screaming).

It would seem it is the day for that. I no sooner got to the office in my wife's car before my tree guy called and said he has a load ready for me to pick up.

jj3500 said:
Its funny, its like a dinner bell going off (the saws screaming).
To me it sounds more like a mating call.

Status
Not open for further replies.