Off season radiant cooling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunderliggur

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2009
Lothian, MD
How long is your typical irrigation cycle? Sans the condensation issue this seems to be a neat idea if you can isolate a zone and keep it "clean". Sadly, my lawn sprinkler cycle is only 2.5 hours long and I run it during the coolest time of the day. Neat idea though.

My cycle is 8 to 10 hours. It is during the hottest part of the day 10am - 6pm or later to make an oasis for the pasture raised broiler chickens. We had 30 die one day (before the sprinkler) when the temp went over 100F. Given that the irrigation cools the house, the loss of irrigation efficiency is more than made up for in the cooling. Dollar for dollar, window AC and pumping 3 GPM is the same price, so I get irrigation and cooling combined.

Good for you for trying it- when experience shows that something works, that counts for more than any number of endless theory-debates

Status
Not open for further replies.