official "help corie get to reno thread"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce56bb

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2005
Flint Hills of Kansas
corie is an aspiring stove engineer who has done his own donor stove program and built his own stove. i believe getting him to the hearth show in reno could be very beneficial to his career.
i'm in for $20.

I talk it over with Corrie (girl) as well as my Dad and we both agreed it would be a GREAT idea.

So, I'm in! :)

And thanks in advance guys. This is unbelievable

I'm in for any charitable cause, just send me a PM with the particulars . .

Put me in for twenty. PM me your Paypal account Corie.

OK, I'm going to appoint myself as the official contact for the $$$.

I will post more later, but basically anyone who wants to contribute can paypal to [email protected]
or
Mail cash, check or MO to:
Craig Issod
8 Golden Cir
Southampton, MA 01073

If anyone wants to pay by credit card, please PM me and I will give instructions.

I'm down, check's on the way. Pretty soon we're going to need a Hearth fund account here. Corie, don't forget your camera and bring pics of your stove with ya.

I'm in - Corie/Craig - what's the total needed? Just so everyone has an idea about the total cost (sorry - this time of year - the accountant in me just keeps showing up)

Harley said:
I'm in - Corie/Craig - what's the total needed? Just so everyone has an idea about the total cost (sorry - this time of year - the accountant in me just keeps showing up)

So, all you high rollers with the frequent flyer miles,who's kicking in for the reduced ticket. I have a bid in on a job, I'll help if I get it. Young energetics, need our encouragement.

OK, the airfare is booked and not using miles because it had to be Southwest.

Total cost will be about a grand....airfare is fairly high, but hotel is low.

See announcement at top or here is repeat. Please post your pledges here and also comments so this thread stays bumped up.

Every dollar counts, so $5 or $10 is welcome as well as $100 or whatever. We are trying to raise about $1,000 as that will end up being the cost of the trip.

Donations can be by check, cash, MO, paypal or even credit card.

Cash, check or MO can be made out to and mailed to:
Craig Issod
8 Golden Circle
Southampton, MA 01073

Paypal can be sent to [email protected]

If you want to pay by credit card, either send me an email or a Private message and I will give instructions or fax info (card, exp and amount) to 413-280-0178

Donations from companies within the industry are welcome, and all donors will be listed in a Press Release and other postings on this site (however, you can remain anonymous if you like).

Ah, the accountant in you, Harley. Luckily this is timed right. I just sent in all my tax stuff BUT have not received the bad news yet. For better or worse, some of my stock market stuff did well, so I expect a BIG bill. Yes, I did some short term trading (full income tax due) because last time I tried waiting until things turned to long term gains (1999) I was caught with pants down. No more.... Bulls and Bears MIGHT make money, but pigs get slaughtered!

Rest assured that the Webmaster is as tight with a buck as can be (at least with a Business Buck) and we will not be giving Corie a stake for the Poker Game! My guess of $1,000 is probably pretty accurate given that Corie will be spending some of his own $$ for getting to the airport, etc.
Like, off the top of my head:
570 airfare
$300 - hotel 3 nights including taxes
$100 food, basic taxi-bus in Reno
--------------------- Total=About a grand
and we may need some help for getting him into certain seminars, although I will try to use influence to do it free.

Also, some of the fun of the Expo is walking around after the show into the party suites (often BIG rooms) and eating fancy dinners and drinks on Regency, Peterson (gas logs) or someone elses tab..... Yes, corie will be standing with the carved butter statues and the roast beef carvings!

I might have missed it posted here or elsewhere... but when is the show? Check will be in the mail tomorrow, but wondering how quickly all this has to come together.

Glad to see its working out!! I think it will be a good move to getting you foot in the door. Look forward to meeting you in Reno.

Show is March 14-17
http://www.hpba.org

We will charge most of the stuff on my cc anyway, so that is why I am coordinating the $$. I will provide accounting, and if...by remote chance....we exceed fund raising goals, then remainder will go into either Cories stove installation donor thingy or to start a fund to send someone next year (Atlanta).

I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm so excited to have this opportunity, so everyone that has already donated, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

-Corie

Ah what the hell, I'm in for c-note ***I've gotten WELL over that much in valuable advice from this forum***

Corie, good luck on your studies, I'm a Drexel grad (which as you know has a pretty 'decent' engineering school)
and spent a bunch of time up on the main line, I was sorry to see that Greek diner go a little way back . . nothing
like fine East Coast diners with menus 50 pgs. long

This should send it to the top again. This is sort of like the NPR fund drive, the quicker we pay the faster we stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to go to the mailbox - I didn't want to count pledges, just money in....so that means only some paypal up til now.
Either way, we will update graph either daily (at end of day and as Will has to be around) - or, if nothing comes in, we will update every 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.