offset advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CjNMN

Feb 16, 2014
Northern Minn
I've searched for offset design and read thru several posts.
See attached diagram, I'm working with an offset of 20 inches and height of 40.75 to existing pipe.
I've looked thru the selkirk offset table and the closest configuration I found calls for 2 - 15deg elbows and 36 inch pipe.

Do I put in 2 ft pipe out of stove then elbow, another short pipe, then 2nd elbow attached to existing pipe. Or, come out of stove with 1st elbow, 3ft of pipe to 2nd elbow and existing pipe.

Which configuration is better and why?

CjNMN

Attachments

• stove pipe offset.pdf
    18.5 KB · Views: 98
I would probably raise the offset so that there is at least a foot of vertical pipe off of the stove. That will help draft get started. Then go with a pair of 45's and use an adjustable slip connector. If this is single wall pipe it will need to stay at least 18" away from the wood beam or other combustibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.