Offset insert adapters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
full masonry chimney, exterior wall, 23' feet of un-insulated 6" stainless-ti flex, no block plate (will ad next year)
and i have pretty good draft I think, not sure how to measure it, but it always pulls.

mine is slightly different than that one.

I sweep my liner and insert with a 6" poly brush, and 2-30ft lengths of ski rope, one up, one down.

I can reach my hand up and with fingers sweep out the offset adapter, but some stuff does collect in the back of it a flexible hose held tightly to a vacuum cleaner hose will reach it - IF you have access to the input of the adapter from inside your stove.

Ive seen some newer stoves, that do not allow this access straight up the flu.

zanp said:
http://www.hartshearth.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=3660

Do these insert adapters work well? Do they affect the draft or make chimney sweeping more difficult? How do you clean them out?

Thanks.

Attachments

• si-2.jpg
    si-2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 548
  • stove-connect 002.jpg
    stove-connect 002.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,343
Can this be purchased online?

I am installing a Regency I3100 (should get it and the pipe next week). I am not sure yet if I need the offset adapter but from the preliminary measurements I have done, it will be very close.

If the stove can be installed without one it will draft better. The only reason to install one is because your stove cannot fit. The best thing is to ask Regency which one to use. Regency may make one specifically for the insert. You might see if you can get one locally in case you need it, that way you can buy one only if you need it.

might be able to use an adjustable elbow, or 30 degree adapter.

I have a Regency i1200 with a off set, and it works very well for me. If you need one, you need one

Status
Not open for further replies.