Oh Boy! Free Craigslist Firewood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These CL ads are a hoot. I wonder if anyone ever actually goes and gets that stuff.

Reactions: StihlHead
GET IT ! ;lol

Just as a counterpoint, and maybe to inspire a little envy, here are some free wood photos that hit CL in my area. This is just since Thursday evening:

ash.jpgoak.jpgmisc.jpgmaple.jpg

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of any of these, because I've got nowhere to put it. Maybe some space will open up by mid-January...

Reactions: ScotO and Mr A
Just as a counterpoint, and maybe to inspire a little envy, here are some free wood photos that hit CL in my area. This is just since Thursday evening:

View attachment 109436View attachment 109437View attachment 109438View attachment 109439

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of any of these, because I've got nowhere to put it. Maybe some space will open up by mid-January...

Hey Jon, I know what you mean I have been seeing those same ads and am in the same position as you. Now a days I looking for places to stack, haha.

This sounds interesting. I'm not sure if it is just the tree tops or the actual timbered trees. If they are huge trees and you get two cord out of them maybe 20 cord not 100 but still sounds like it could be a great score. Sadly I'm out of space at the moment. One of the many times I wish I had more land.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/zip/4012603526.html

Reactions: ScotO
Reactions: ScotO
This sounds interesting. I'm not sure if it is just the tree tops or the actual timbered trees. If they are huge trees and you get two cord out of them maybe 20 cord not 100 but still sounds like it could be a great score. Sadly I'm out of space at the moment. One of the many times I wish I had more land.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/zip/4012603526.html

The way I read it the trees have been logged, and it is just the slash that is left with the leave trees. The slash piles will have cull logs and tops, and well as branches. That will have a lot of good firewood. I have gleaned many slash pile here and I am in envy of your being able to cut that stuff. There are a few slash piles near me and I have been trying to contact the owners to go in and cut out the good firewood before they burn it. In this state landowners are legally required to burn slash or face the liability of any fires being started in them (for any reason, but mostly lightening strikes).

Holy smokes! You could get a whole log truck to unload at your house for around 4-500 bucks in my area....that barely looks like a couple pickup loads there!!

Man, I am getting to HATE this thread. Gobs of free wood on CL in PA, slash piles with hundreds of cords of wood in them in PA (where my ex was born in Harrisburg), and now you say you can get a truckload of logs delivered for $4-500 clams in central PA?

No wood here worth a snot on CL lately. Slash is impossible to find or glean, and even post-logging forestry service and BLM firewood hunting by permit has been very limited in the past 3 years. And delivered truckloads of logs are $1,200, if they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.