Oh Boy! Free Craigslist Firewood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We get our share of bad listings here to. As the cold weather sets in the prices creep up and more crazy stuff shows up.

Around here makes me chuckle. Every time we get a tree trimmed or cut down always several people stop to ask for it BUT if it is over 4 inches in diameter or over 18 inches long I don't have to hurry to take it. If I have some split in an hour it will disappear. Don't seem like people want to put any effort in gathering wood around here. Anything that says need cut or large round will usually hang around.

Man, I am getting to HATE this thread. Gobs of free wood on CL in PA,

We had a couple of very windy storms come through within the last month. so part of this is cleanup of downed trees. On Saturday I took a different route coming home from the grocery store and noticed a clump of 3 laying across a little gully right at the end of my street. This morning there's a CL ad up for more, probably within a mile of me. There's always wood available here, but this is atypical.

Man, I am getting to HATE this thread. Gobs of free wood on CL in PA, slash piles with hundreds of cords of wood in them in PA (where my ex was born in Harrisburg), and now you say you can get a truckload of logs delivered for $4-500 clams in central PA?

No wood here worth a snot on CL lately. Slash is impossible to find or glean, and even post-logging forestry service and BLM firewood hunting by permit has been very limited in the past 3 years. And delivered truckloads of logs are $1,200, if they are available.

I guess Im somewhere in between the PA folks and you guys. We do get the occasional CL free listing, but often they are a bit far or just more than I can manage with a small saw and no truck. No tree services willing to drop leftovers, they all sell firewood or sell the logs to outfits that do.

If I had the space I could get a grapple load quite easily though - lots of sources for 5-8 cord truckloads around $500-600.

Status
Not open for further replies.