1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Oh, how I miss my VC Resolute

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by bmwloco, Feb 18, 2013.

1. bmwloco

bmwloco Member

Loc:
    Asheville NC
    Slowly getting settled into the new abode. Whereas the old Chateau Loco was pretty small and ran like a VW Beetle, this place is more like an old diesel Peterbuilt. Originally built in 1925, it's a great old house. I'm in the sun room now - currently low 40's outside, but 72.9 here according to the digital thermometer.

The old boiler system so far works well, but god, I miss my Vermont Casting Resolute! It sits, forlorn and ready to be installed not 2 feet from the poorly engineered fireplace insert that eats wood and throws very little heat. At most, it gets only up to 300F. I am used to running the Resolute at 500-650F

The new Stirling engine fan works at the lower temp, but not the old one. It wants at least 500F to do anything.

So, next project - delete insert and get Resolute installed!
    Joful and raybonz like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tickbitty

tickbitty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    VA
    Let us know the happy ending when you do!
  3. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    And pictures.;)
  4. dafattkidd

dafattkidd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    I hear you, man. Congratulations on the new house. I wish you the best. I would love to move from this house, but the best thing about this place is the centrally located fireplace, which houses my beloved insert. Post pics when you get that Resolute cranking.
  5. bmwloco

bmwloco Member

Loc:
    Asheville NC
    Will do pics and update soon. My last 12.5 hour night (do IT for local hospital) and off until Sunday. Plan on skiing Beech Thursday, then I will focus on getting the stove installed.

And moving 3 cords of dry wood from the old houses new woodshed to the new Chateau Loco. Now I just need to figure out where to store wood...
  6. dougand3

dougand3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Alabama
    Good luck on your Resolute install. I'm envious...I miss Beech, Sugar and old Seven Devils. Wolf Laurel, too.
  7. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    Anyone mention pic's?;)
  8. bmwloco

bmwloco Member

Loc:
    Asheville NC
    Maybe like these?

IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0045.JPG
  9. Oldhippie

Oldhippie Minister of Fire

Here's mine. I've had real good luck with it, and it does 24X7 duty for us in my family room. Anything over 25'F I let it heat the whole house, below that I get the Smoke Dragon going in the living room.

[​IMG]