oh no..apple worms!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
What are these and is it too late to stop them? Thanks in advance!
OB
IMAG4195.jpg

My guess it's plum curculio (PC) or oriental fruit moth (OFM) You've missed the correct timing to spray for them but if they haven'nt taken over all your apples buds you can still save some of them. There are a number of sprays you can use just goggle the bug for treatment. I use Spectacide triazicide once and done for fruit trees check the label if you buy this there's one for lawns too. Malithion is also good and then there's organic spray's.

There is also a Fruit Tree Spray that's the name of it but it has a thining agent in it and that's not what you want at this point maybe next year also it's not that good at controlling PC for me.

Google the insect and recommended treatment and you'll understand if I'm confusing you here.

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.