Oh oh...just got a flicker and my Francesca went in to cleaning mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With only 8 inches on the deck and a whole night and day to go the power just dipped. Glad the genny is on standby.

For those of you who have a smart phone...my iPhone 5 can hub my internet to the outside world for three computers and my TV!

....just got another dip while typing, not long now.

With only 8 inches on the deck and a whole night and day to go the power just dipped. Glad the genny is on standby.

For those of you who have a smart phone...my iPhone 5 can hub my internet to the outside world for three computers and my TV!

....just got another dip while typing, not long now.
Scott...Scottt.....Can you hear me...You OK?

love the iphone 5, and LTE in my area is faster than my home wifi ;em

what are you doing at home Scott.business slow or something?;lol

Brought my tablet home cause it has wifi. I was lost the last storm, A couple a days with out hearth and I was climbing the walls! Hang in there Scott!

What's that Francesca rated for? (BTU/Sq Ft)?

How's been doing/holding up/cleaning schedule? (Self cleaning)??

Hope y'all weather the storm. We are just getting a Chill tonight. Not much snow...

(BTW- Love my smart phone (Droid Bionic) but use my iPad-2 at home 99% of the time. Pretty sure the i5 is gonna be my next phone.)

.....(BTW- Love my smart phone (Droid Bionic) but use my iPad-2 at home 99% of the time. Pretty sure the i5 is gonna be my next phone.)

I have a Samsung Fascinate Smart phone I got a few years ago, and while I like it, I hope when I get to the "update date" on the 18th this month, I can get an iPhone. Being a Apple/Mac guy since 1986, this Droid phone just isn't cuttin it. <fingers crossed>

I have a Samsung Fascinate Smart phone I got a few years ago, and while I like it, I hope when I get to the "update date" on the 18th this month, I can get an iPhone. Being a Apple/Mac guy since 1986, this Droid phone just isn't cuttin it. <fingers crossed>
Just got into the world of apple, picked up the new iphone and the retina macbook. Havent looked back. In-fact, i feel fortunate i dont have to be using windows 8...sheesh, what a disaster.

Hey Scott

I like my new iPhone5 also. When I need to check my schedule, or call a biz contact or just see a stove manual when on the road, I can call them up on the internet web server that I built and go into the database that I designed. No need for expensive web hosting and design! LOL

P.S. We don't loose power much but we have a nice LP Heat n Glo 550 zero clearance fireplace with auto ignition that fires on 2 C cells hooked to a digital room t-stat. The wall mounted T-Stat has a toggle switch next to it. Up for oil and down for gas. LOL

Attachments

• iPhone5manuals1.jpg
    iPhone5manuals1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 219
  • iPhone5manuals2.jpg
    iPhone5manuals2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 230
Just got into the world of apple, picked up the new iphone and the retina macbook. Havent looked back. In-fact, i feel fortunate i dont have to be using windows 8...sheesh, what a disaster.
Once you go Mac, you NEVER go back. Now you're using a REAL computer.

Hey Scott

I like my new iPhone5 also. When I need to check my schedule, or call a biz contact or just see a stove manual when on the road, I can call them up on the internet web server that I built and go into the database that I designed. No need for expensive web hosting and design! LOL

P.S. We don't loose power much but we have a nice LP Heat n Glo 550 zero clearance fireplace with auto ignition that fires of 2 C cells hooked to a digital room t-stat. The T-Stat has a toggle switch. Up for oil and down for gas. LOL

Don, You can capture a "Screenshot" of your phone (hit the Power/Sleep button and the Menu/Middle button)

Just hit those two buttons at the same time and you can capture that photo and post it.

Screenshot_2013-02-08-22-17-59.png

Don, You can capture a "Screenshot" of your phone (hit the Power/Sleep button and the Menu/Middle button)

Just hit those two buttons at the same time and you can capture that photo and post it.

View attachment 92855

Cool
Thanks Dex!

Reactions: DexterDay
Hello

I have never seen it snow so hard!

The snow is streaming down now! Over a foot on my deck now!

Workshop is getting buried! See pic

Attachments

• WorkShop.JPG
    WorkShop.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 211
Hello

11:30 PM Now and over 300,00 homes south of Boston without power! Scott r u still there?

The entire city of Quincy Mass has no power. That is over 100,00 right there!

Ahhhhh haaaaa, still here and if you believe it... We never lost power completely, 15 seconds then steady power all night. Bit confused though of which door I will try to escape from. The wind drifted up over the front door completely and we are up over the second window on the back... Looking like the basement under the deck will be the winner. Not sure where the heck the shovels went to....should have brought at least one inside.

made it thru the night here.i had the genny all set to go but power stayed on thru the night.we loose power frequently here so that was a pleasant surprise.and now the fun begins.
i filled the stove with somersets before hitting the sak.left it on manual 2,feed 2 and air 3.held 1st floor at 67.gotta love the sets.

Hi Scott

I keep plowing the driveway with the tractor/snow blower setup but they only plowed the street once so far the whole night! I plowed out our mailboxes too if the mail truck can ever get down the street. Just shoveled a path from the house to the workshop. Now I have to shovel a path from the driveway to the workshop to get the stoves in and out. Almost done.
Just fired up the Quad in the workshop to bring it up to temp for working today. I can check the temp of the workshop from the house with the remote sensor. No sense going out there until it warms up. LOL

Once you go Mac, you NEVER go back. Now you're using a REAL computer.
I do a lot of photo editing and video editing as a hobby. I have a few Mac's that I do much of this with. But I also use many windows machines. They both have their +'s and -'s. I need a new Mac badly but I refuse to buy one until they bring more jobs back to the US and better the working conditions for those that are not in the US. They are on a path of doing this (Many of the new Imac's are built in the states) and as soon as they get a power mac built here I am ecstatic to give them my money and play with my new Mac's!

Status
Not open for further replies.