OHP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
I picked up two bags of OHP for 3.89 a bag. and was asked if i would take 3 torn but not spilled bags for 2 unopened ones. that is a no brainer.
They are on sale for 189.00 a ton at MEEKS and thought i would try a few and see. If I like them. only to get home and find the hopper full allready. Here its been very sporatic on days to burn so far. Anyone had any experience with OHP's?

I've had lots of experience with the OHP's. Burned them probably for 3 years and last year was the worst of them all. Tons of ash, brown ash, dirty ash, lets just say lots of ash!!! I woke up lots of nights to my classic bay 1200 calling for heat and it had misfired because my pot was full of dirty brown heavy ash that couldnt clean out because it was heavy. I cleaned the burn pot almost twice daily. So as you can read my thoughts on OHP's is probably never unless they give'em to me!!! Are they in the white bag? My TSC is selling them and they are in the white bag. It has no analysis on it and couldnt remember if it even said premium on the bag. Did you ever try the Ozarks Oaks from nixa?

They are in a tan bag. I think the ones i got today was last years. I never have made it to Nixa yet. Still hear good things about them though. Life got in the way. I havent checked thier prices yet this year. I know the Penningtons at my local walmart are 250 a ton. If you come across any H.E.A.T LLC in the tan bag i do recommend them.

jwyoung2007 said:
They are in a tan bag. I think the ones i got today was last years. I never have made it to Nixa yet. Still hear good things about them though. Life got in the way. I havent checked thier prices yet this year. I know the Penningtons at my local walmart are 250 a ton. If you come across any H.E.A.T LLC in the tan bag i do recommend them.

This years OHP's are in a solid white bag with green writing. You never know you might have great luck with them more than likely i got a bad bad bad batch. I contacted them and told them about the problem and they responded. He asked some questions and i answered and never heard from them again. I was in branson, mo last weekend and was going to stop by nixa and just ran out of time to pick up a couple of bags of the Ozarks Oaks. They said when i called that they are made by a local pellet mill. Never told me which one. All i could think of is OHP's, Pennington (greenfield,MO), or HEAT LLC. Which penningtons are they selling? Are they yellow bag and made in MO?? I came across some HEAT LLC's at a local farm coop for $165 ton. They were last years but i went with the SIH's.

I am burning the OHP s tonight and they arent too bad. A little ashy but they have a good burning wood smell. Some of the different kinds i have tryed give off a melted crayon smell outside.

i burned them my first year because i didnt know any better. the supplier then switched to somersets. what a pleasant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.