Oil-fired boiler went off - and I didnt know it.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I got up this morning (24 degrees outside) and tended to the fire.....72 degrees inside. I went upstairs,into the bathroom, and started the shower.....and waited for hot water.....and waited....and waited. After about a minute I realized that there was no hot water coming thhis morning. Sometime between yesterday afternoon and 6 A.M. today, the boiler tripped out. It was just the pilot sensor that went bad, but I smiled to myself knowing that my family was warm, even though the damned oil-drinking beast (original,64 year old boiler) had gone off yet again. I refuse to buy a new one, as they keep threatening to have natural gas in my area within a few years. Ive been hearing that for going on 5 years now. Im not holding my breath.I only use the boiler for hot water ,anyway. Score one for the WOODSTOVE!! :)

the peace of mind at times can certainly be priceless

Cold showers are not so good but that warm house has to be wonderful.

Dang Wood Fan - you must live in the center of the Isle! ;-)

My over-nite low was 14! Gotta love L-Town!

1313- You Pine Barron 'folk are a bit closer to the dark side of the moon. I think you guys are always about 10 degrees colder in winter....Brrrrrr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.