Oil Price Up means More Savings from Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
You got to love it when oil prices go up :rolleyes:, which means more savings for us pellet stove owners. ;)

More we save the quicker we can pay off that pellet stove.

Is everybody happy now ?

No, we only use the pellet stoves for 8 months of the year:) Gotta get the pellet grill this spring

Reactions: bogieb
You got to love it when oil prices go up :rolleyes:, which means more savings for us pellet stove owners. ;)

More we save the quicker we can pay off that pellet stove.

Is everybody happy now ?
Ah, no.. My stove has paid for itself many years ago. I enjoy having the option of what to heat with, especially if we have guests staying we can put the oil furnace on for "whole house even heating". But I do enjoy being a pellet stove owner when the price of oil goes through the roof which im sure it will be again at some point.

Reactions: Mark_ms
Nope. Rather have the prices stay down. My stoves too, paid for themselves a looong time ago. lol

More of a mental justification, because now you paying more for gas for vehicles which negates the "savings". Not really a savings, just a savings over what would of been price of oil

No, want prices to stay low. I don't heat with oil but I sure drive with it.

My 15mpg truck likes low oil prices.

I read an article that the low gas prices have saved the consumer 500 million dollars a day. Whatever the amount, that money spent elsewhere in the economy has to be good for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: kappel15
No, we only use the pellet stoves for 8 months of the year:) Gotta get the pellet grill this spring

Different pellets. I have a Tareger and it's a nice BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.