Oil prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

In my neck of the woods oil is $ 3.48/gal...... if I didn't have the woodstove, I'd be spending a hair under $ 2000.00 bucks this season.

Stove paid for itself last season, chimney will have paid for itself at the end of this season. Next year and thereafter, it's money in the bank!

My electric has gone down to $ 80/mo
There is less dog hair on the couch
And shorts are cheap this time of year!

I use oil for DHW and bought some a while back and it went for $3.44 per gallon.. Need to do something to lessen this expense! Oil or electric are my only options..

Ray

i just paid $3.32 two weeks ago

got 100 gallons just for hot water...that should take me into the summer

I've been watching oil prices as I'll be firing up the burner for heat in the accessory apartment & HW once the Dixette moves into her new house. $3.70 for 200 gallons.

Glad it's on it's own zone, and the PE heats the main house :mad:

In my neck of the woods oil is $ 3.48/gal...... if I didn't have the woodstove, I'd be spending a hair under $ 2000.00 bucks this season.

Stove paid for itself last season, chimney will have paid for itself at the end of this season. Next year and thereafter, it's money in the bank!

My electric has gone down to $ 80/mo
There is less dog hair on the couch
And shorts are cheap this time of year!
$3.80 a gallon from our old supplier, if my memory is correct they sent a letter in January 2009 telling us we did not use enough for them to keep us on automatic delivery, not one oil delivery from any oil company, we still have 3/4 of a tank.

Our oil furnace has not even been turned on yet and more than likey won't unless we leave the house to spend the night some where else. I installed last year and we saved enough from the oil man to pay for our whole set up. We were at about 3k to heat for the season. That was keeping the house at 60 degrees! We live in a forced air piece of swiss cheese apparently. God bless wood.....No we get 67-72 and its free!

Reactions: raybonz
I singed at....$3.75 per gallon as a cap....it was $80 for the "cap" option.....1 year service contract which includes a tune up at $270....service alone would have been $190 + parts, and we haven't serviced in 5 years, so figured might as well get it done.

We where paying close to 500 a month to heat in the dead of winter before the insulation. Now that we are insulated we only use the furnace if we need fast heat which is a almost never. Our gas and electric together have not gone over $80 a month since insulation. I really dislike the gas bills !

Pete

We where paying close to 500 a month to heat in the dead of winter before the insulation. Now that we are insulated we only use the furnace if we need fast heat which is a almost never. Our gas and electric together have not gone over $80 a month since insulation. I really dislike the gas bills !

Pete
We put in all new windows this past summer....can already feel the differance

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Guess we get a deal with the service at $172.00. New windows made a difference for us, fewer drafts and probably saved some $$ over our old "non window" windows. (previous owner got used sashes and held them in place with screen molding.)

Status
Not open for further replies.