Oil pump on Husqy 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ampamp

Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2010
Buffalo - Rochester
Anyone know where the oil pump that lubriacates the change is exactly. My issue is that I just completed a bunch of maintenance on my saw and even though it runs great now.....it's dripping some blobs of bar oil. I can't really see where or what is plugged. I suppose I could just take the covers off and hit it pretty good with compressed air....but was hoping I could figure out the plugged area. I thought it went through a slot on the bar (which you can't see when the saw is togethere) and then into the groove on the bar. Not sure and I want to get this guy running like a champ soon. Already thinking about firewood for the season after next!

To oil pump is behind the clutch, drive sprocket, and metal plate. It is driven off the crankshaft. You will need a special socket to remove the clutch which is left handed thread. You probably have sawdust in the oil feed slot or in the hole/groove in the bar. Take the cover, bar, and chain off and start the saw before taking it apart further.

Status
Not open for further replies.