Oil usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Funny how having to order 150 gals of fuel oil got me to finally re-plumb the GW. When I put cold water in her last night, she leaked at almost every threaded joint. Not knowing a damn thing about plumbing, I simply hoped that when everything got hot it would seal up. So far, so good.

Ok, assuming the attachment works, bear this in mind. The graph is somewhat misleading in that it looks like I started using more oil in December 2008. Thats because I've been slacking on recording (Where is that fully automated data-logging system?) The reality is that my oil consumption went up when the GW sprung a leak, which was sometime in the spring. So we had the summer oil useage for DHW, plus this fall an elderly gentleman moved in here. Old people like it warm!!

Jimbo

Attachments

• Boiler.gif
    Boiler.gif
    148.7 KB · Views: 226
Good to see you up and burning again. I may have missed it with all the new posts here but how did you end up fixing the leaking fitting off your boiler?

Edit: I see the answers to my questions now that I actually read.....

Status
Not open for further replies.