Oil vs. pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could just buy a oil stove and save some money...

Just high electric rates to keep cool and dry.

Have not payed to heat my house in 15yrs could be a hard pill swallow to pay to heat the house

It really makes no sense to burn pellets with current oil prices. At least in CT.

You can currently get heating oil for $1.65 in the New Haven area.

Compared to $5.50-6 a bag for pellets....

Reactions: Michael6268
Hey bogieb you continued that baked potato routine we played with last year, cool !! I had forgotten about it. Won't be burning a whole lot of pellets this year but when we do I must remember that . Made some good ones last year in the P61 ! Right now I have 0 pellets and haven't run any heat as yet. last year I think we fired up right about now for round one..

Yeah, the pellet stove makes much better baked sweet potatoes than the microwave does. I so rarely use my cook stove and I certainly wouldn't start it just to bake the taters. But, since the pellet stove is going anyway, it can multi-task.

Pellets are just like brisket and chicken wings. Once they found out we learned to enjoy a cheaper alternative, they doubled the price. Im back to oil during the day and enjoy the stove in the evening.

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.