Oink Oink Oink Oink Oink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
So many of you guys know the problems we had last season with pellets burning...I bitched to the dealer, to the factory, and even bitched here.

Long story short is the factory admitted they had a problem and made me whole....delivered 7 tons free today of a product that they guaranteed is of a much higher caliber than the stuff they put out last year.

Can't ask for anything better than that.......

Ok now do I get my member card to the pellet pig club? LOL

Attachments

• P7080035.jpg
    P7080035.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 632
  • P7080034.jpg
    P7080034.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 655
BTU said:
Salty said:
So many of you guys know the problems we had last season with pellets burning...I bitched to the dealer, to the factory, and even bitched here.

Long story short is the factory admitted they had a problem and made me whole....delivered 7 tons free today of a product that they guaranteed is of a much higher caliber than the stuff they put out last year.

Can't ask for anything better than that.......

Ok now do I get my member card to the pellet pig club? LOL

Is this Inferno?.....

Sure looks like an Inferno bag on the middle ton in the second picture. Salty keep us posted on the quality.

Looks like you be a piggie to me too!

Yes Inferno. You guys know we had alot of problems with these pellets this past year. The dealer knew it (Royal Fireside) and he told them too. Bottom line is they told these guys they'd stand behind them. I believe what happened is maybe these guys got in over their heads too quick and had problems with suppliers and quality. They said they've gone to one supplier now and redone a bunch of how they do this. If it works great my hats off to them. The guys spent a crapload on this at bankruptcy and have a vested interest in it.

Now it remains to be seen how these will work, but rest assured I'm not ashamed to say good or bad how they work. I have no business interest in them other than I complained and they offered to make it right.

If this darn 80-90 degree bs would end I might even throw a bag in and try it some night. a week and a half ago it was in the 40's overnight!

I think it's pretty darn good of them to stand up and replace the stuff.

And I'll say this if the quality is good now they got a customer for life.

Salty,

We have seen several mills go thru start up issues. Even ones with previous experiance owning mills have problems with a new mill start up. Glad they took good care of you. It gives them a plus in my book too! We need all the mills we can get running and making "Good" pellets. Word will travel fast if they did.

Lets keep hope they got them right this time around!

WOW ...7 ton free?! NICE

Also heard on the street that they have been listening to the complaints and are making
changes to correct the issues quickly. I tried about 10 bags last season in an attempt to
support a local mill starting up, but did not like them at all.

If they do indeed get better, I will try out some bags again and maybe use them for a shoulder
season pellet. If they are still the same quality I will pass.. (unless they are free of course ;-) ).

Normally pellet looks don't mean much, but open up a bag and take a peek at them.
Are they still really soft and crumbly?

I won't open the plastic until the wx cools a few degrees and then I'll shoot a pic of what's in the bags and a shot of the old stuff. Plus my kid is not here right now and since he's got to bulk up for football I think I just found a way to get him BIG LOL

tink said:
WOW ...7 ton free?! NICE

Also heard on the street that they have been listening to the complaints and are making
changes to correct the issues quickly.
I tried about 10 bags last season in an attempt to
support a local mill starting up, but did not like them at all.

If they do indeed get better, I will try out some bags again and maybe use them for a shoulder
season pellet. If they are still the same quality I will pass.. (unless they are free of course ;-) ).

Normally pellet looks don't mean much, but open up a bag and take a peek at them.
Are they still really soft and crumbly?

Good points tink,

Unfortunately for us spoiled folk(great pellets available locally). Its gonna take a good darned pellet from them to not be consider a shoulder pellet.

The batch I tried, Pellets were soft and crumbled easily. Some pellets were split down the middle. Lots and lots of fines. Smelled terrible too! Kinda like musty(rotten) wood!

Well, I'll be the first to say that the few bags of Infernos I burned were downright terrible, but if they claim to have made significant improvements to their product, then my hats off to them. And evidently they are a stand-up company for admitting their product was sub-par, and for giving you the 7 tons for free to make up for the other pellets.

I hope they burn great.....maybe even better than a shoulder pellet....Good Luck!

You damned porkers should be ashamed being a Bear I'd never stoop that low. We maybe while curled around the pellet stove in my cave this winter.

Welcome to the club Salty, remember to launder your dues to Eric through imacman.

[quote author="jtakeman" date="1278644147Good points tink,

The batch I tried, Pellets were soft and crumbled easily. Some pellets were split down the middle. Lots and lots of fines. Smelled terrible too! Kinda like musty(rotten) wood![/quote]

That is exactly what is in the bags of Okies I picked up cheap at BJs this spring.

i think the only way i would get Infernos would be if they were for free . nothing but a bag of dust and the store near my house had them for 6.99 a bag

BTU said:
mascoma said:
[quote author="jtakeman" date="1278644147Good points tink,

The batch I tried, Pellets were soft and crumbled easily. Some pellets were split down the middle. Lots and lots of fines. Smelled terrible too! Kinda like musty(rotten) wood!

That is exactly what is in the bags of Okies I picked up cheap at BJs this spring.

BJ's took delivery last spring, so if you bought them this spring, I can only imagine how many times they were handled in the store and how beat up they must have gotten. I hope you got them cheap....... ;-)[/quote]

Yes they were priced right and...

You and I have been thru this before. First you said they were first quality product delivered in fall 2009 must have been mishandled by BJs. Then in another thread you said there were some reatailers on the east coast who had got a great deal to clear out some product that had issues, thats why they were selling cheap. Now its back to being the retailers fault and it was delivered sping of 2009 which means it was probably left over product from the previouse heating season and is now 2 years old.

It matters not to me what the excuse, it has your name on the bag of sawdust.
and yes the pellets that are intact burn great.

All I did was state a fact about the pellets I purchased as it related to a previouse posters comment about the Infernos. I actually did it only to say "even the premium brands have this issue sometimes"

You felt the need to get defensive and blame the retailer for the condition of the pellets.

I stated that your info in this thread was a bit different than in other threads.

I acknoledged they were discounted, and that the pellets that are not falling apart did burn well.

I stated that regardless where they were purchased they we're okie pellets, after all you chose to sell to the retailer, Thus entrusting your brand to them.

WHERE DID I BUST YOUR STONES?

I am sorry if facts upset you.

Seems to me all this hot weather has people a bit edgy, especially wood/Pellet burners (sellers too!)

Let's all go crank the AC and lite the stoves up!

Status
Not open for further replies.