Ok all you tomfooleries, I got your number..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
The higher the price, the better the product right?

All you tomfooleries that say somersets are the best... Well look at this ...

IMG019.jpgIMG020.jpg

I know which is better now........Can't fool me anymore..

Reactions: jack kunicki
tomfooleries!?! dems fightin' werds! we'll settle this the "West Side Story Way"...we'll tie our wrist together and then we each get a knife (rubber of course, for safety), then we all have to sing a song, a classy one, like Runnin With the Devil. May the best person win.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I told you guys about this in another thread. Don't know if this was Lowes or HD, but like I said, notice the wording on the sales tag of the GT's.......the word "Premium" appears magically, even though the Set's have the same word on their bag.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I told you guys about this in another thread. Don't know if this was Lowes or HD, but like I said, notice the wording on the sales tag of the GT's.......the word "Premium" appears magically, even though the Set's have the same word on their bag.
Like many Lowes employees said to me last year, "it says platinum on the bag so they must be really good pellets.";)

I read your thread for the love of pellet and would agree for the most part....however if there was only Inferno around for that price my stove would be one heavy paper weight.
Well, the silver lining would be that in the event of another hurricaine, your papers would not blow away.;)

Like many Lowes employees said to me last year, "it says platinum on the bag so they must be really good pellets.";)

When I went to lowes this fall. I got the same BS. Should a seen the look on the dude's face when I pointed out they all have "Premium" on the bags(yep even Inferno's-that's what they had loose on the pallets)! I had em and he couldn't utter another word! Had to go fetch the manager, All he said was thats the price corporate passed on to them and thats what they had to charge. I told him I liked it better when you all though all pellets were the same! He almost bit, But said I could have any of the others(pointed to the pellets stacked on the racks) for the lower price. I said, Nah. Wouldn't want em too work too hard. I'll just head over to HD and get some there!

All I heard when I was walking away was "But Sir"! Just kept walking. Boycotted Lowes ever since!

think of it this way---

if you get enough copper in the bags, you might actually proft by turning it into the scrap recycle yard. lol

Reactions: slvrblkk
Ok maybe I am missing something here... I stopped at lowes again tonight, The entire stack of the green team platinums were gone, ( except 1 bag), and the somersets were still there. So I bought all the somersets. Now I have not burned either of those yet, but I am guessing the somersets are better than the Instant heat(less) that I wound up with....
So question is why would the more expensive G-T-P, be gone over the lower priced Somersets. I live in a rather not so rich city, so very confused..

Wish I could get Sets around me in HD or Lowes for that price. :(

Wow, this newbie is trying to keep up with all the abbrevs. and slang but it's like you all are speaking a foreign language!!!. Add some of the dry humor and I'm lost....lol. I'm trying to learn though... bear with me. I'm burning Lignetics which are supposed to be made here in W.V. . By the way I'm burning them in a Harman P-38, I'll post pics when I figure out how.

Wow, this newbie is trying to keep up with all the abbrevs. and slang but it's like you all are speaking a foreign language!!!. Add some of the dry humor and I'm lost....lol. I'm trying to learn though... bear with me. I'm burning Lignetics which are supposed to be made here in W.V. . By the way I'm burning them in a Harman P-38, I'll post pics when I figure out how.

Check this out, it might help some with the abbrevs.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/acronyms-and-abbreviations-common-to-hearth-com.91665/

Most expensive Somersets around me are $220 at the local hardware. Cheapest is Menards at $200/ton regular price and $175 a ton Sale price (3-4 times a year).

I haven't paid over $200 a ton in 3 yrs!!! Just sayin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.