Ok class gather around

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imacman said:
kinsman stoves said:
......he claimed the selling dealer never explained that he had to clean the stove in this way. Eric

Cleaning? Cleaning??? Cleaning what????? What does "cleaning" mean??????? Is that something that involves WORK??????

No way!! That's not the problem at all!! That d__m stove is no d__m good, that what it is!!! :mad:

yea, folks tend to minimize responsibility, so, if the dealer didnt go into all the subtle nuances of cleaning, then, sure, its the dealers' fault........why not?! Instructions in the manual, instructions online, clearly show the combustion blower being cleaned.....I wonder what the heat exchanger and the two tubes going to the combustion blower looked like? If you asked the dealer, Im sure they would say they ALWAYS instruct the folks on how to clean, so, who do you believe?

As for having them bring the stove in, Im guessing that this beig the busiest time of year, ole Eric either couldnt find the time to get out there for quite a while (most customers wonder why you cant get there that day OR the next day), OR the customer didnt want to pay for the time for him to go out there.....sometimes, but not always, you can diagnose an issue with the stove in front of you, but sometimes, without the piping, it cant be done (how would you take a draft reading accurately without piping connected?)

newf lover said:
All kidding aside, I don't recall my dealer going into great depth when explaining the cleaning procedure, but how about reading the manual?? I consider my stove an investment that I want to last. Why people don't educate themselves by reading the manual so at least they can protect their investment is beyond me. If they're so rich they don't care, hire someone to clean it! On a good note, this person is probably psyched because I bet the stove runs 100% better than it has in quite some time!

When I bought my stove, the salesperson didn't go into much detail about cleaning it aside for the fact that it WOULD need weekly and yearly cleanings. The installation people, however, showed me damn near every screw and bolt that had to be undone in order to properly take it apart to clean it. They didn't leave my house until they were sure I knew what to do and when, and referred me to the manual in case I forgot later on. I'm very thankful for the knowledge the installation guys shared...

Pellet-King said:
Should of went to his house and fixed that common problem, making the guy remove and load his stove is alot of unneccesary work...shame on U

Sorry but right now I have no one available to make the service call. Getting him on the list would have been 7-10 working days away and cost him $$$$$. The service I provided him in the parking lot was free.

Eric

yikes. My accentra manual doesn't say anything about removing the blower in order to clean. (!) Its a free-standing, though...laid out a bit differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.