ok. explain to me airwash, please??? & if it is particular to the breckwell p2000 akk the better

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
I have heard of air wash but not sure what it is & how it works, all i know is my front glass gets very dirty very fast w/in 1 day/2 bags of pellets. any help in solving this problem would be a big help to me

I though I gave you some hints on fixing it? Anyway, The air wash is an air inlet by the door glass. It allows air to come into the combustion area and cover or wash the inside of the door glass.

The plate on the bottom of the P2000 can be adjusted with washers to give it more gap to allow air into the stove. But these stoves on low don't do very well. There more for the medium feed range settings.
Fix
Remove the plate and make sure there is a gap at the bottom of the door glass. Make sure it isn't clogged with ash. If that is OK you can slightly shim the plate away from the glass to allow more gap. 1/32 to a 1/16 usually gives OK results. More and you hear the air drawn into the stove on higher settings. I take the door off the stove and shim with common washers found at a hardware store. Zinc or stainless steel works.

I have had the P2000 for 3yrs now and have tried many different things to fix the excessive ash build up on the glass. Bottom line, too much glass for the air wash to keep them clean. You want to be careful how much you increase the gap between the plate and glass as this will effect airflow thru the burn pot in a negative way. Because my wife wants to see the fire, I clean every day. Oh well the stove really heats well so I will live with it until it's time to replace. Then I will not buy one with soo much glass next time no matter what my wife wants, hahahaha. Or she can always start cleaning it daily.

Very easy to fix. There is no gasket on the bottom of the door glass. This allows for the air to be pulled in and blown across the inside glass surface to "wash" the ash. You still have to wipe the inside of the glass door atleast once a day. If you do not wipe the glass once a day it will get dirty.

Eric

here isa photo of my glass door. i am tryingot solve this airwash problem. do I shim the bottom plate away from the glass? ere does the air come in from, under the bottom of the glass through the door? in other words is that why no gasket on the bottom, so the air can be sucked into the chamber fromthe bottom & up the glass?
my soot starts from the top & covers the entire glass in 1.5 days.

Attachments

• pelletglass.jpg
    pelletglass.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.